In addition, these metrics must be aligned to focus on corporate vision and strategy.
In 1992, Robert Kaplan of Harvard Business School and David Norton of Renaissance Solutions introduced the Balanced Scorecard (BSC), a complement to traditional financial measurement systems that helped companies manage performance and progress. This tool has evolved into a strategic management system that can help you achieve and sustain strategic success as the business environment changes.
For years, senior leaders have struggled to use financial-driven performance management systems to achieve operational and strategic goals. The Balanced Scorecard is a proven approach to strategic management that imbeds long-term strategy into your management system through the mechanism of measurement. This course will enable you to:
- Translate vision and strategy into your performance management system
- Effectively communicate strategic intent throughout your company
- Identify financial, business process, customer satisfaction, and internal development metrics that support corporate strategy
- Track performance against the established strategic and operational goals
- Manage cross-functional process performance
- Identify improvements that will impact corporate success
Your organization may participate in individual courses or enroll in the entire series. Contact us for specific certificate requirements.
Achieving Six Sigma Performance
Using the Balanced Scorecard
The Emerging Role of the Process Manager
Facilitating High-Performance Teams
- Adjust the four BSC perspectives to your environment
- Select lag and lead measures that make sense for your business
- Link operational and strategic objectives
- Integrate BSC with other measurement tools and techniques
- Exploit the Balanced Scorecard as a strategic management system
- Identify and implement sustainable strategic improvements
The Balanced Scorecard represents a breakthrough in the ways operational performance and strategic progress are stimulated and managed. Put it to work for your company. Act now! Enroll yourself and a team of key leaders today!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Senior Executive responsible for making strategic decisions
- Chief Financial Officer or Controller
- Executive, manager or director accountable for both operational performance and achieving strategic objectives
- Coordinator of a project-based improvement program such as MBO or TQM
- Leader who manages your company performance appraisal/management system
- Member of a strategic planning task force
Your organization can arrange to have these courses scheduled individually or as a series providing the opportunity for individuals to earn a George Mason University Certificate of Completion. This program can be scheduled at your site (or other location), at your convenience through contractual arrangements. Contact us at 703-993-4800 to discuss your organization's onsite training needs.